What type of animals can benefit from CBD oil?
Almost all mammals can benefit from using CBD
CBD has a great balancing effect on nearly all mammals. Livestock and pet owners, have widely used it to treat a range of behavioral and health issues including arthritis, seizures, nausea, chronic pain, muscle spasms, anxieties, neurological and digestive disorders.
Below is a short list ofpets and domestic animals that can greatly benefit from CBD oil:
- and more
Cannabinoids and their effects on animals
A 1999 study dubbed as Cannabinoids and Animal Psychology highlighted that:
- Cannabinoids have a great role in the control of movement, memory, and pain modulation
- The brain develops some sort of tolerance to cannabinoids
- The role of cannabinoids in immune systems for animals is multi-faceted and to some extent, remains unclear.
- Withdrawal symptoms are evident in animals; however, appear mild especially, when compared with side effects experienced from using benzodiazepines or opiates.
Admittedly, this study solely focused on lab animals; however, there are basic commonalities in the physiology of pets and livestock.
Briefly, let’s take a look at individual benefits of CBD oil to some of the above-mentioned animals.
Dog situations that CBD oil can ease:
- Aggression and grumpiness towards other animals
- separation anxiety
- Lack of appetite
- Muscle spasms or seizures
- Excessive barking
- Nausea fro car rides
- Recovery from illness
- Pacing or inability to relax or settle
- Lack of vitality and energy
- Fear of loud noises, fireworks, and thunderstorms
- Pain from arthritis or cancer
Conditions CBD can help alleviate in cats are:
- Aggression and grumpiness with other animals
- Loss of appetite
- Anxiety and phobias
- Distress from a change of environment
- Lack of energy
- Eating inappropriate objects
- Nausea and loss of appetite
- Crying with no apparent cause
Horses usually live in a constant state of “flight or fight.” They have an innate fear of falling or tripling. Incapable of seeing behind them, horses are always apprehensive of what’s happening back there. It’s true, if you have been around them enough, you will notice they would mostly prefer to run wild.
Other than alleviating this unending anxiety, CBD oil has proven beneficial in treating many other health conditions in horses. They include:
- Chronic laminitis
- Chronic pain
- Herd bound issues
- Digestion and appetite-related disorders
- Muscle soreness
- Stall rest
- Trailering fear, and more.
Different animal species require different CBD oil dosage. Obvious, a dog will require a considerably lower dose of CBD oil than the horse or cow.Some ailments also may require more or less of the oil than others. Thus, any form of CBD oil you buy will have a recommended dosage indicated on the packaging. Follow the instructions strictly toensure you get the dosage right.
With that said, do not hesitate to consult a vet physician in case you notice any worrying abnormal behavior with your pet, after administering CBD oil.